Tuesday 4 May 2010

What is weak vs strong critical thinking? In what qualities of critical thinking do you find you have strengths? What qualities of critical...

I like to
think that I'm pretty good at considering multiple viewpoints and evaluating things from a
practical rather than ideological perspective, although I tend toward finding negatives and
negations. Sometimes the Socratic method is criticized for only being able to identify
falsehood, and not truth; this is pretty much how I feel. It bothers me a bit because I feel
like I can't provide a good alternative argument, and pessimism is tiring. However I try to use
this, both in my own rational thinking and in my teaching, to dissect and rebuild an argument in
a stronger way, whether or not I...

No comments:

Post a Comment

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...