Saturday 15 May 2010

In Dunn's Geek Love, what would be a topic for an essay? I can choose literally anything but I'm having a hard time picking a topic. Brainstorming...

First of
all, I applaud you for tackling such a difficult book in the 11th grade. Geek Lovehas been
simultaneously hailed and critically shredded for the shock value of its main characters and the
premise of its story line.  My first piece of advice is to avoid taking a moral stance for or
against the controversies presented by the Binewski family, and everything they stand
for.

While you could focus on the shock and horror of the intentional
creation of such children, Arty's cult following, or the agenda of Mary Lick, I think that would
prove to be a very difficult essay to write.  Instead I encourage you to focus on another thing
I think Dunn does particularly...


  1. href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geek_Love">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geek_Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...