Saturday 6 April 2013

What Is Approach

There is a
difference between approach and method. An approach is a way of dealing with something or
somebody. A method is the process used or the steps taken to deal with an issue or a
person.

I am going to use a very current example for people of the Jewish
faith. This week, a Jewish holiday begins called Sukkot. One of the requirements of this holiday
is to live in the sukkah, which is kind of a temporary structure or dwelling. For some people,
this means eating in the sukkah. Some people, in warmer climates, may even sleep in the sukkah.
When building a sukkah, there is an approach that must be developed and a method that must be
followed.

My approach for building a sukkah is to determine the space where
it will be placed. Generally, I want to build it where it will receive some shelter from the
wind, which is usually close to our house. Then I need to determine what materials I will need
to build it. After I have determined these things, I need to decide where the lights will go and
how it will be decorated. I also must be sure I have a proper roof-like covering.


After I have determined all of these things, then I will follow the method of
constructing the sukkah. First, I will build the base. After that, I need to build the walls.
Once that is done, I will place poles over the top of the sukkah, so I can get the roof
constructed. In my case, I will use a bamboo mat as the roof. After that, I will place
decorations in the sukkah and decide where the lights should go so we can see at night. This is
the method that needs to be followed when building the sukkah.

The approach
is when I figure out all the logistics and the materials that are needed. The method of building
a sukkah is the steps I follow to actually build it. This very joyous Jewish holiday lasts for
seven days.

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...