Tuesday 23 June 2009

In Things Fall Apart, how is Ikemefuna similar to Okonkwo and his son similar to his father?

I'm not
sure I understand your question. I'm not clear to whom "his son" and "his
father" refer. however, I'll help you out as much as I can.

andboth
represent virility and male gender roles among the Ibo. Generally, this means exhibiting
physical strength. Ikemefuna earns Okonkwo's love and respect through his personality, which is
always outgoing and upbeat, and his talents, which include identifying birds, trapping rodents,
and making flutes. He knows which trees make the best bows and tells delightful folk
stories....

No comments:

Post a Comment

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...