Friday 23 December 2011

What is the theme behind the poem, Inside by Nikki L Rench. I know it is a simple answer but I just want to make sure I am covering all bases.

The poem
Inside by Nikki L Rench reveals the dreams and wishes of a teenager who
feels ready to face the world and embark on adulthood as "I've grown my wings." This
young adult feels conflicted when thinking about childhood and past mistakes but does not want
to dwell on the "memories that linger" and is about to "slay the foe,"
confident that it is time to move on as "the yesterdays are over."


The teen's insight shows maturity and an awareness of the "dangers, thoughts and
fears" but also a realization that no-one else can "wipe my tears." The poem is
intended to inspire young people so that they will not be afraid to face new challenges. It is
also meant to reassure parents that, having done a good job, they need to let "me speak my
say." Their child will always "love you all the way."

The
theme of this poem is then that growing up is a challenge but also an adventure. Growing up
should be embraced and faced with assurance and in the knowledge that parents have been
instrumental in achieving this stage in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...