Friday 25 February 2011

What are the effects that the operation had on Charlie Gordon in Flowers for Algernon?

The operation on
Charlie resulted in rapid development of his intellect. It took a while before Charlie started
to recognize the results of the operation. However, he made progress and got smarter. He learned
new things and started to understand his environment and relationships better.


After the operation, Charlie was able to beat Algernon, the mouse who earlier underwent
the same operation. He got better at reading and writing. Charlie also got to know that those he
considered his friends were only out to make fun of him.


Then I walked home. It's a funny thing I never knew that Joe and Frank and the others
liked to have me around all the time to make fun of me.


Charlies progress became noticeable, and his workmates became frightened of his new
status. He was eventually dismissed from his workplace because of his new condition. He studied
the experiment performed on him and realized that his progress was not permanent. His research
improved on what the doctors knew. In a way, he made his mark on science, an achievement that
made him proud.

Anyway I bet 1m the first dumb person in
the world who ever found out somthing importent for sience. I remember I did somthing but I dont
remember what. So I gess its like I did it for all the dumb pepullike me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...