Saturday 7 May 2011

What do you believe became of Ichabod Crane? What do you believe became of Ichabod Crane?

Great
question for the discussion board!

I just finished teaching this story to my
American Literature II course and we discussed what could have happened to poor Ichabod!
 

In my opinion, Ichabod was "kidnapped" by Brom Bones and taken to
an undisclosed location, where he was told to leave town or be physically hurt (I do not believe
Brom Bones would have threatened to kill him) because he and Brom Bones were rivals for
Katrina's affection.  I do not believe that the Headless Horseman was real...I definitely think
that Brom Bones was behind Ichabod's disappearance.  After being threatened by Brom Bones, I
believe Ichabod immediately left town without looking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...