Saturday 9 April 2011

What are some similarities between Victor Frankenstein and his monster in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein?

In 's
, one of its major ironies is howis often perceived as a monster, but
howrivals the creature for that label.

The creature is someone who is in
great pain, most especially because he has been isolated and alienated by human beings. He feels
very much alone. This is demonstrated as the creature describes his desperate attempt to connect
with the De Lacey family:

I am an unfortunate and deserted
creature; I look around, and I have no relation or friend upon earth. These amiable people to
whom I go have never seen me, and know little of me. I am full of fears; for if I fail there, I
am an outcast in the world for ever.

As the creature
takes out his frustration and anger on Victor and his family, Victor also experiences alienation
and isolationfamily members are lost, and he has a secret that he cannot share: he is to blame
for creating the monster; and who would believe him in the first place? Society might quickly
lock him up, calling him...

href="https://www.owleyes.org/text/frankenstein/read/preface">

No comments:

Post a Comment

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...