Monday 11 August 2008

What is the meaning of James Blunt's song "no bravery?" What is the song about?

I was
unfamiliar with the song so I did some preliminary research. I found the lyrics, and also found
a video made with that song as the background. If you are unfamiliar also, I suggest you do the
same. I believe "he" is symbolic of the American soldier in Iraq. The song questions
our country's motives for being there, and interprets the soldier's current attitudes toward
being there. I get the impression the narrator thinks the soldiers are no longer sure of the
reason either. Instead of feeling "brave," they are merely
"sad."

 I also think this song leaves a great deal of room for
personal interpretation. Maybe look at it in a variety of contexts. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...