Sunday 23 August 2009

In March, what are some examples when March and Marmee do not tell each other the truth?

Throughout the account
thatgives of his time in the Civil War, exceprts of his letters that he writes to his wife are
included. Yet, from the very beginning, it is clear that there is a massive gap between what he
writes and the actual experiences that he shares with the reader. Note how he reveals this in
the very first chapter:

Yet I am thankful she is not
here, to see what I must see, to know what I am come to know. And with this thought I exculpate
my censorship: I never...

No comments:

Post a Comment

To what degree were the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, the USSR, and Japan successful in regards to their efforts in economic mobilization during the...

This is an enormous question that can't really be answered fully in this small space. But a few generalizations can be made. Bo...